Thank you for your submission.​

You can get a head start on your family law case by finding the following items which will eventually be required by the Court. We are providing this list (which you may want to print) as a courtesy. If you do not know where these documents are but are aware of where they may be found, it would be a good idea to list any information which you may later use to track down these documents.


  • The financial affidavit needs to be filled out. Click here to get a PDF copy.;

  • Tax forms for the last three years OR pay stubs or other evidence of income for 3 months prior;

  • A statement identifying the source and amount of all income for the 3 months before the service of the financial affidavit, if not reflected on the pay stubs produced;

  • All loan applications and financial statements prepared for any purpose or used for any purpose within the 12 months preceding the service of the financial affidavit;

  • All deeds to real estate owned today or in the past three years;

  • All promissory notes owned now or if you owned an interest within the last 12 months;

  • All present leases in which you own an interest;

  • All periodic statements for the last 3 months for all checking accounts and for the last year for all savings accounts, money market funds, certificates of deposit, etc.;

  • All brokerage account statements for the last 12 months;

  • Most recent statement for any pension, profit sharing, deferred compensation, or retirement plan (for example, IRA, 401(k), 403(b), SEP, KEOGH, etc.) and summary plan description for any such plan in which you are a participant or alternate payee;

  • The declaration page, the last periodic statement, and the certificate for any group insurance for all life insurance policies insuring your life or the life of your spouse;

  • All health and dental insurance cards covering either you or your spouse and/or your dependent [CHILD(REN)];

  • Corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns for the last 3 tax years, in which you have an ownership or interest greater than or equal to 30%;

  • All credit card and charge account statements and other records showing your indebtedness as of the date of the filing of this action and for the prior 3 months;

  • All promissory notes on which you presently owe or owed within the past year;

  • All lease agreements you presently owe rent under;

  • All premarital and marital agreements between the parties in this case;

  • All documents and tangible evidence relating to claims for an unequal distribution of marital property, enhancement or appreciation in nonmarital property, or non-marital status of an asset or debt;

  • Any court order directing that you pay or receive spousal support (alimony) or child support.


If this is an original proceeding, it is required that you take a parenting course so the certificate can be filed. The following website contains Florida approved courses: Click on "Online Courses" and find a course. When you complete the course and answer the questions, keep a copy of your completion certificate.